Here comes a previous issue of Online Highfliers….
Hi and welcome to the 39th edition of this email.
Ways to feel happy about your future.
Elon Musk says his massive visions are all about not wanting to feel sad about the future. He suggests people need things in our future to feel excited about (such as the real possibility of a civilisation on Mars). Such simple perspective that’s leading to significant global progress, innovation and inspiration.
“Fundamentally, the future is vastly more exciting and interesting if we are a spacefaring civilisation and a multi-planet species”
“You want to be inspired by things, to wake up in the morning and think that the future is going to be great. And that’s what being a spacefaring civilisation is all about.”
His insights have inspired me across topics from entrepreneurialism to intentional visions to being playful while aiming high – perhaps they will for you too via this easy YouTube playlist. Press play and watch each one.
One of the fascinating things is that Tesla’s mission is about influencing the industry (not just selling cars) and if they fail, they’ll have influenced other car manufacturers to progress their sustainable energy cars.
He recently promoted GM making electric cars:
Elon’s Top 5 Areas for Humanity.
- Doing Artificial Intelligence (AI) “in a good way”
- Reprogramming genetics – including higher bandwidth to the brain. Whoah.
- Self driving cars
- Sustainable energy
- The Internet
One for the history books!
Favourite reads & listens
- “Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy” by Adam Grant and Sheryl Sandberg is a guide for being a great human, a great friend, to those going through the grief of losing a loved one and tips for people who are directly going through mourning. There were snippets in there about resilience and adversity that could apply to other aspects of life though it was predominantly about Sheryl’s story of her husband unexpectedly dying at 47 years old and how she coped and performed with the help of supportive colleagues at Facebook, friends and family and includes the wisdom that helped. An emotional rollercoaster and a book for life that I recommend. 6 hour listen on Audible.
- Melburnians – Dior is here ’til 7 November. The scale of this exhibition at NGV is brilliant as is seeing the House through the years. Worth a couple of hours. If you’ve seen the Dior and I documentary you’ll enjoy the familiarity. I was mesmerised by this Autumn/Winter 2017 show on the big screen:
- Simple, short watch to support you and the other high achievers you know.
- Ski like a girl talk by Lynsey Dyer. Lynsey started She Jumps which teaches girls and kids to: Find your own magnificence and sense of belonging through: 1. Have a goal 2. Lighten up on yourself 3. Be your own best friend 4. Listen to your intuition 5. Accept all the parts of yourself.
- My new airpods are as excellent as people say they are. Effortlessly (so fast) changing and connecting between computer, watch and phone, and comfortable. Ohhhh yeahhh….
- Enhancing Human Intelligence (HI) via a chip in your brain. What’s possible? Bryan Johnson provides food for thought and insight.
- Ray Kurzweil’s predictions for 2019, 2029 and beyond are both mind-blowing and useful in imagining aspects of the future:
- “Work should light a fire in your soul!” Go Tina.
Great online presence
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News
Remember that list I mentioned? The one with 25+ links of Blockchain and cryptocurrency insights? It has a few additions for you ~
- a new, prioritised YouTube playlist,
- a new video on blockchains for supply chains,
- a new talk by Andreas about Bitcoin’s future. I particularly liked his analogy to not mistaking smooth sailing as a sign of great sailors,
- favourite podcasts and newsletters you can subscribe to and more.
Click on those of interest. The YT playlist has a few short ones that are easy to pickup.
Shoot me a reply so I can improve the next email. Thanks.
Here’s to your wonderful week!
P.S. Like my new t-shirt?
Hit reply anytime.
Enjoy reading a variety of topics in past editions here.
Learn about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies via this prioritised list of 25+ links.
Watch something fascinating (YouTube playlists are great).