Here comes a previous issue of Online Highfliers….
To get the latest issue delivered to your inbox sign up for the newsletter here.
Welcome to the 36th edition of this email. Did you know you can read past editions right here?
The thing is, you can start a newsletter for business development, marketing, self expression and other reasons and my recent experience is there’s more to this regular activity.
Here’s an update on what I’ve noticed:
- Each fortnight I’ve the opportunity to get onto ‘paper’ what’s currently on my mind that’d be useful to others.
- As more peers, colleagues, people in my network, friends and family show interest in new business and life opportunities (such as blockchain tech and cryptocurrencies), I can easily forward previous emails knowing they include easy to pick up introductory links after I’ve distilled much reading.
- I’ve a timeline of my interests since I started writing. I like this.
- It’s fun to engage. People send fascinating and lovely replies.
- My writing and choice of subjects has (naturally) refined as have my systems (for example, collating links throughout the fortnight in one place) and use of tech such as Mailchimp’s new editing feature on their smartphone app.
- Having written each fortnight for a year and a half, I’ve a fun sense of achievement and I’m a bit in awe!
- I’ve published previous emails on LinkedIn and gain comments there. My Linked profile (online resume / CV) shows more of my expertise, interests and style. Opportunities have come from this and possibly I appear in more (relevant) LinkedIn searches.
It’s a great use of time. Maybe you will try it?
Marketing via cryptocurrencies.
“Burger King launched its own cryptocurrency known as – what else? – WhopperCoin. The new currency was launched as part of a rewards program for the company’s customers in Russia. With each purchase of a Whopper customers will receive a WhopperCoin token in a digital wallet. …WhopperCoin owners can either use them to purchase products at Burger King or trade or sell them to other interested parties.”
Favourite reads & listens
- So clever! (thanks Ross)
- Just in case you haven’t yet watched this. #privilege #equality #pursuePurpose #BigVisions #JustTry
- Because markets are inspiring.
- The scale of Internet of Things (IoT) and some of the many players.
- This wonderful Tiny House ~
Great online presence
- Experience design a la LJ Darveau.
- Share YOU.“The boys. No exaggeration to say these two fine gentlemen — @enriqueallen and @henretig — changed my life, made me a much better human. We…”
- The extended list is here and here.
We’ve had incredible snowstormshere in Victoria. Huge snowflakes have amazed me on the chairlift and have filled in my tracks so that each new run is a fresh adventure.
Warmer Spring days are coming soon. What’s happening there?
Hoping you’re enjoying today,
Hit reply anytime.