Welcome to the 33rd edition of this email.
Did you know you can read past editions right here?
Being 120 years old.
What if you live to 120? With replacement body parts and other heath-tech coming in your lifetime, how does that change the way you see your life now and what you’re choosing to do?
If you’re in your 40’s you’ve experienced a third of your life.
Feeling old? Compare your age to being 120.
Wondering if you’ll regret not doing something? Here’s a quick way to check.
Fun-inducing concept from the name to the palm tree shirts: the new Melbourne coffee shop called “It’s a Vacation”.
Leaving Entitlement Behind.
It’s easy to act entitled – from leaving a messy hotel room to getting a cut price service and not giving something in return (kindness, a smile, words of appreciation).
People have the potential to be more aware of their actions and their ripple effects.
As we go beyond the industrial model of work and with greater tech spotlighting poor use of data / bad behaviours, there will be more ‘human’ qualities appreciated – from people pulling for more fairness in their work to seeing the benefit of generally being a good person.
Here’s to the change that’s happening – we’re all leading it.
Favourite reads & listens
- Control your news.“Regardless of the dramatic drop in crime over the last 30 years, more than half the population believes crime is worse than it was in years past.”
- Yes, watching Chasing Coral is worth your time.
- For parents: Cyberhygiene. Don’t freak out. Take action.
- How far are you from the ease of buying cashless?
- Kevin Kelly’s helpful Blockchain definition:“For now, think of it as a way of transferring a digital message from one party to another, where both parties can count on the integrity of the message, even when they don’t trust, or even know, each other. Right now, these messages are mostly virtual cash. But they could be any kind of information.”
- Dine in more and eat a different shaped banana after watching the “War on Waste” series.
- Become more aware of the warming planet via this post.
- Hear’s to the life of Gurrumul.
For your CEO and senior leaders
- Superbly simple tips for entrepreneurs by Fred Wilson.
- Consider the Future of Business Landscape. (thx Rexster)
- Fascinating: Will SpaceX be the world’s largest telecommunications provider?“Musk is a big fan of full-stack approaches to enterprise — so it seems logical to speculate that the growing data needs of autonomous Teslas will become a core issue Tesla will want to own or control (and perhaps charge for).”
Great online presence
- Go Kelly Slater. That’s the spirit! (Fun hashtags!)
We continue to have light blue, sunny, winter days here in urban Melbourne. May you and yours be having an easeful day,