Mixed Reality 😎 ✨ 🏡 #26
Mix Up Your Reality
Ohhhh it’s getting exciting! This presentation by Robert Scoble shows the current developments in Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. The image below shows him watching a game with multiple screens surrounding him with game scores, player details and statistics.
Knowing I’m often using 2 or more screens or more than one tab on my computer, it’s wonderful to see this technology nearly here to make life easier (and of course, more complex).
A company I’ve enjoyed following for a while now is 8i. As you know, I encourage people to share their unique individuality online as it’s the most sustainable personal online strategy. Combine this with the incredibly true-to-life holograms that 8i are building and we’re on our way into a new and fascinating dimension of the world wide web.
These images on the right are from 8i’s Buzz Aldrin hologram who takes viewers on a journey to Mars.
It’s a great example too of the educational power of VR. Go 8i!
The Blue Planet
Isn’t it incredible to be able use Google Earth to go from space, looking at our blue planet, then into the 3D details on the street, mountains and beyond. Pop on your VR goggles…
Favourite reads & listens:
- A 3D printed house… in 24 hours. (It’s worth clicking on the video to see the technology.) [3D Printing, construction, mobility]
- A newsletter that always gives me a deep chuckle is Steve Edge – who I was fortunate to meet at the DO lectures in Wales and see his amazing talk …”everyday dress for a party and the part comes comes to you”. His news is aways engaging, high on integrity and fun. [inspiration, branding, design]
- Wonderful new podcast “Stoked Lifestyle” by Steve Larosiliere. [inspiring, leaders]
- “Organizations should have a brand that transcends one generation”, Christine Murray on Twitter [great quote, purposeful organisations]
- “Our Turn” by Kirstine Stewart is an intelligent, kind read with lots of empowering leadership tips and humility. Her straight talking style is refreshing and she treads deep into the true accountability of a paid job.“[Kirstine] take[s] the conversation about women and work to a whole new level”, Good Reads
[leadership, women, Twitter, CBC]
- Jeff Bezos’s high-velocity decision-making. [leadership, tips, high performance]
- The most popular TED talks of all time. [high performance tips, inspiration]
- So much news on many great technology advancements here. [nanopores, cancer, healthtech, manufacturing, solar]
- In London? Head to the Natural History Museum to have David Attenborough guide you via VR. [VR, Attenborough!]
- Receive postcards from dear Nick Hand. [craftivism, inspiration, kickstarter]
Great online presence:
- Scroll down the Unlockd careers lovely webpage to “VIEW ALL AVAILABLE POSITIONS” and it links across to LinkedIn where the search of their organisation appears. Rather than listing job details on their website this is a great way to have data in one location / quicker maintenance.
- Harriet’s engaging LinkedIn summary.
- Sometimes it’s the little things that lift you up. I recently updated my Instagram bio to:Live a bit more ???? It makes me smile. Hope your bios give you energy too.
- The extended list is here and here.
Got something to share with me? Hit reply and do so. I’d love that.
Have a fantastic week!