Bitcoins 🌿 🐼 🌐 #40
Loads of fascinating developments have happened since I last wrote, including two blockchain tech conferences (Ethereal and Devcon) as well as bitcoin prices going through the roof (US$7,343 /AU$9651 when writing this) and masses of mainstream media attention. This new tech is really starting to touch our lives.
And another rocket went up and down.
How lucky we are to witness these happenings. This time is amazing.
You’re so Ethereal.
Jump onto YouTube to watch the Ethereal conference, specifically:
- Here, Bryan Johnson fast forwards twenty years and links human intelligence with Blockchains – this is a quick watch and the bonus is: it’s in layman’s terms.
- Joe Lubin starts the conference with Blockchain tech’s current state and future possibilities.
- Peter Diamandis raises the concern of the linear nature of government and the exponential growth of technology. So apt.
The first link here is to the playlist of all videos. Enjoy and hit reply here with any questions you have.
Deliciousness + Learning = here.
“Omotenashi is the Japanese culture of treating a guest. It blends a welcoming spirit with warmth, understanding, and above all respect.”
Favourite reads & listens
- Take a fun and fascinating tour of the international space station.
- Great thinking on the rising Bitcoin prices from Laura Shin ~“The reasons for the jumps are unclear, but unless there’s negative news, every day, at minimum, the price is likely to rise because of new money coming into the system. Every day on Coinbase alone, about 35,000 new accounts open — a figure that sometimes reaches 50,000 — and thousands of people in South Korea and Japan, two countries where Bitcoin has taken off, are also bringing new fiat money [cash] into the system.”
- Signup for rocket updates.
- Here’s a great shortcut to reading Option B book mentioned in the last email. Watch the video on this page.
- It was fascinating to learn about inserting signals in the brain so people can move prosthetic limbs and even turn on taps at the Stentrode Story event in April. To start with it’s accident victims who can’t move limbs. We may be next: imagine if you can get your mind to turn on a tap. Connecting humans to machines – it’s coming. Putting my order in for wings and flight now.
- Jonathan Harris has returned with a fabulous tilt on Virtual Reality…
For your CEO and senior leaders
- Nice one Jeff Bezos:
Great online presence
- Impressive service, live chat and website that quickly answered questions ~ well done Aussie Broadband.
Reply to let me know what you want to read about.
Have a wonderful week,